Monday, November 24, 2008

John Francis Daley

There's no denying it, you're my new favorite reason to watch Bones. Dr. Lance Sweets is a wonderful character who reflects my position in life (even if I don't have two doctorates). He's competent but very young, a great illustration of the struggle between knowledge and experience. Also, Sweets is an okay replacement for Psychologist!Stephen Fry.

This is just a continuation of my enduring admiration of you. Freaks and Geeks introduced America to a whole host of actors and creative minds. Most of the cast remained in sight and in mind (where are you, Sam Levine???). Sadly, the show was not meant to last, despite what TV Guide had to say (basically, "Shame on you, NBC."). And now we have a great DVD box set released for the Christmas season. God bless you, religious celebration cum retail holiday.

After Freaks and Geeks you were on a couple episodes of Boston Public and I cheered, happy to see you in work. Then you were on that Geena Davis Madame President show that I didn't watch. And then you quietly fell out of notice. I do admit I forgot about you a little bit. I moved on to other shows, other interests, other fan obsessions (The Lonely Island, anyone?).

At last, you have returned. You helped the gang figure out what kind of psychopath Gormogon was, all while putting Booth and Bones through couples counseling and being the kid. You're sticking around. You made it to your second season on a TV series!!!

And you have a band! (Thank you, Wikipedia!) And that band doesn't suck! I won't forget about you any time soon. You're on my screen every week during the regular television season.

And for these reasons, you've earned yourself a fan missive. Feel proud, John Francis Daley.

Yours,
Sarah

No comments: